My friend just celebrated her three year anniversary from her Temple sealing, and I know it's so very special to her, so I made her this gift. I used Wordle.net to create the word picture; then printed it on a sheet of transparency; then painted the opposite side with mirror-like spray paint that I found at Hobby Lobby; and then framed it with a 50% off frame I found at HL, too. It was fun to make, and I can only imagine the one I could make up for my own family -- which I plan to do. The mirror-like spray paint turned out just as well as I thought it would...kind of antique-looking. I love it! I am glad it was personalized for my friend...or I might have just kept it for myself! Thanks for looking! (It's much nicer in person than pictured. But with the mirror-reflection, it was hard to get a good shot of it.)
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Creative Anniversary Gift
My friend just celebrated her three year anniversary from her Temple sealing, and I know it's so very special to her, so I made her this gift. I used Wordle.net to create the word picture; then printed it on a sheet of transparency; then painted the opposite side with mirror-like spray paint that I found at Hobby Lobby; and then framed it with a 50% off frame I found at HL, too. It was fun to make, and I can only imagine the one I could make up for my own family -- which I plan to do. The mirror-like spray paint turned out just as well as I thought it would...kind of antique-looking. I love it! I am glad it was personalized for my friend...or I might have just kept it for myself! Thanks for looking! (It's much nicer in person than pictured. But with the mirror-reflection, it was hard to get a good shot of it.)
Labels:
gift ideas,
home decor,
paint
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I need to make something like this for my anniversary this year. Thanks for the idea!
What a great idea! I am a new follower!
I love friends who come up with such thoughtful gifts. Makes me want to be a better friend :)
Thanks for stopping by "The Huddle"
Destri
That is really neat, Tonya! What a thoughtful friend you are!
I don't remember how I came across your blog, but I am glad I did. Such cute ideas, especially this anniversary gift. I have to try it. Looks like a fun project. :)
Post a Comment