So I've been crafting here and there...over the stretch of days, by doing a step each day on most of these. Like for the crocheted envelopes -- one square a day...then sewing them up one evening...then adding the button one day. It's all a process! I usually have very limited time to sit in one day and create something from start to finish all at once. Anyway, I made these Valentine envelopes that I think are super duper cute! I found the pattern on the Lion brand website. I think Jayna will be able to recycle them as "mail" for her cardboard playhouse mail slot, and for "mail" this summer in her Step 2 house outside. So it's worth the time spent for me. Also, the kids helped me design each of their Valentine's shirts on my Gypsy, then I painted them (again in steps) while they were either sleeping, napping, or at school. They wore them to their class parties today. There is a picture of Adam creating his homemade Valentine's cards...and the end result on most of them. He did a good job, and came up with the smiley face idea without my input. Then on the back he wrote, "Love, Adam Criser." Too cute! And then I took some snapshots of Carly making her daddy's Valentine...paperweights for his desk at work. We got the kit at Barnes & Noble bookstore. I think it's cool that you can see Carly's reflection in the glass weight while she was working on it! Thanks for looking!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Valentine's Gifts
So I've been crafting here and there...over the stretch of days, by doing a step each day on most of these. Like for the crocheted envelopes -- one square a day...then sewing them up one evening...then adding the button one day. It's all a process! I usually have very limited time to sit in one day and create something from start to finish all at once. Anyway, I made these Valentine envelopes that I think are super duper cute! I found the pattern on the Lion brand website. I think Jayna will be able to recycle them as "mail" for her cardboard playhouse mail slot, and for "mail" this summer in her Step 2 house outside. So it's worth the time spent for me. Also, the kids helped me design each of their Valentine's shirts on my Gypsy, then I painted them (again in steps) while they were either sleeping, napping, or at school. They wore them to their class parties today. There is a picture of Adam creating his homemade Valentine's cards...and the end result on most of them. He did a good job, and came up with the smiley face idea without my input. Then on the back he wrote, "Love, Adam Criser." Too cute! And then I took some snapshots of Carly making her daddy's Valentine...paperweights for his desk at work. We got the kit at Barnes & Noble bookstore. I think it's cool that you can see Carly's reflection in the glass weight while she was working on it! Thanks for looking!
Labels:
Cricut,
crochet,
holiday,
scrapbooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment