I learned a tutorial last Fall from UCreate (listed at left) on how to make table runners, and have been hooked ever since! Since the quilted table runner is reversible, I can make it up for two different holidays and just flip it when the next holiday is up! I really like how this Valentine's Day runner turned out, and I gathered all of the fabric from JoAnn's. The reverse is for St. Patrick's Day and also from JoAnn's selection of fabrics. I love the table runners because they are cheap; I can say I made them myself; and it helps me get into the holiday spirit year-round with my kiddos who make all of those crafts at school. (The one thing I remember most about my home growing up is that my mother decorated for each and every holiday -- no matter how insignificant the holiday was to our family. So I am trying to carry on the tradition with my kids.) And it also gives me more and more practice using my sewing machine each time I put one of these together. Just a tip: You can click on any of my pictures listed on my blog to see them larger or aside from the main screen.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Valentine's Table Runner
I learned a tutorial last Fall from UCreate (listed at left) on how to make table runners, and have been hooked ever since! Since the quilted table runner is reversible, I can make it up for two different holidays and just flip it when the next holiday is up! I really like how this Valentine's Day runner turned out, and I gathered all of the fabric from JoAnn's. The reverse is for St. Patrick's Day and also from JoAnn's selection of fabrics. I love the table runners because they are cheap; I can say I made them myself; and it helps me get into the holiday spirit year-round with my kiddos who make all of those crafts at school. (The one thing I remember most about my home growing up is that my mother decorated for each and every holiday -- no matter how insignificant the holiday was to our family. So I am trying to carry on the tradition with my kids.) And it also gives me more and more practice using my sewing machine each time I put one of these together. Just a tip: You can click on any of my pictures listed on my blog to see them larger or aside from the main screen.
Labels:
holiday,
home decor,
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cute! I'm working on my Valentine's pieces for my countdown tin today. Love V-day!
Wow!! Impressive!! I like how you put the St. Patrick's Day on the reverse side. Very cute, Tonya!
Post a Comment