Yep, I do it. I copy other people's ideas. I just can't help it...I read once that "imitation is the highest form of flattery" or something like that. And I'm just not as creative on my own! Anyway, recently I saw this adorable card by Tomi Ann: http://tomiannie.blogspot.com/2010/10/hip-hip-hooray.html. I knew I wanted to make some like it, and yesterday I realized I needed several cards to send out for visiting teaching and other "thank you" cards. So I immediately set to copy Tomi Ann's style. I know mine are not as adorably created as hers, but I like the way they turned out, and I hope the receivers do as well. I used my Cricut Expression, Storybook and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges, and the bird is also a design by Tomi Ann, found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tomiannie. The buttons were just random from my stash (I think I got them at WalMart) and the paper is from Hobby Lobby. The sticker letters are from Basic Grey. Thanks for looking!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Copying Ideas
Yep, I do it. I copy other people's ideas. I just can't help it...I read once that "imitation is the highest form of flattery" or something like that. And I'm just not as creative on my own! Anyway, recently I saw this adorable card by Tomi Ann: http://tomiannie.blogspot.com/2010/10/hip-hip-hooray.html. I knew I wanted to make some like it, and yesterday I realized I needed several cards to send out for visiting teaching and other "thank you" cards. So I immediately set to copy Tomi Ann's style. I know mine are not as adorably created as hers, but I like the way they turned out, and I hope the receivers do as well. I used my Cricut Expression, Storybook and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges, and the bird is also a design by Tomi Ann, found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/tomiannie. The buttons were just random from my stash (I think I got them at WalMart) and the paper is from Hobby Lobby. The sticker letters are from Basic Grey. Thanks for looking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cute and totally you! I'm glad you like my card -- I'm digging yours, too!
Post a Comment