Monday, October 25, 2010

Smurfette Costume





Hi! I just want to share some pictures of a Smurfette costume that I made for Carly for Halloween this year. I bought some white fleece at JoAnn's (too much - I have 3 yards leftover!) because it's always cold on trick-or-treat night here to create her dress and hat. I used the tutorial for this shirt: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/06/reversible-sun-top-tutorial-by-from.html and made it into a dress instead. For the hat, Brent and I traced our own pattern on a paper bag, but it took us three times to get the size right for her head! (Don't look too closely at the pictures or you'll see punch and pizza sauce on her outfit from the party!) Then we bought some blue tights and "long johns" from Target, used some face paint for the blue skin, and attached a flower clip to the side of her head...and voila! Smurfette is here! She already has blond hair and I tried flipping out the ends but by the time we traveled out-of-state to the party, it was done and not as cute when it was picture time. Carly loved the outfit...until the when we attended a birthday costume party and the face paint started to dry and tighten on her skin. She didn't like the way it felt. But she endured and everyone bragged that they couldn't believe how much she looked like the Smurf from years ago. Thanks for looking! PS - Jayna and Adam's costumes were much easier to put together...thank goodness! I'll post pictures of their outfits on Halloween for our family blog.

No comments: