Saturday, July 2, 2011

RAG RUG - SUCCESS!




Have you ever tried a new craft and it fails because you didn't have a class or someone couldn't show you how-to in person? I am one of those hands-on learners and can't just read something to know what is going on. And I have been wanting to make a rag rug for years...literally. Finally, I spent the last few weeks researching how-to through library books, YouTube videos, and crafty websites...I made a few notes...decided "my own way" to go about it,...and voila! I have a rag rug! I have to admit for my first one, I think it turned out really well. It doesn't bowl and it doesn't have waves. I might move it off of the carpet, though, and onto a hard floor so it holds its shape better. And it didn't cost a lot, either! I bought old sheets at yard sales and Goodwill. I think I spent a total of $14 on this rug. Thanks for looking! PS - It's crocheted...I know, that's not a "true" braided rag rug as in olden days...but I still like the look of it.

1 comment:

Annie said...

aha!! So THAT'S why you needed the sheets!! It looks wonderful!!