Hello, all! I know it's been QUITE A WHILE since I've posted any crafts. I've been too busy to really sit and make any! But recently we had a celebration of Pioneer Day (http://lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/we-all-share-pioneer-legacy?lang=eng) at our church, and in the spirit of making it fun and accurate, I decided to make some bonnets for my girls to wear to the activity. I don't have any pictures of Carly's, but here is what I made for Jayna. I only had a toddler sized pattern to fit her head, so it looks small, but she "broke it in" so to speak and by the end of the evening it fit her head perfectly, keeping the sunshine out of her eyes. She actually loved wearing it, to my surprise; she usually doesn't like wearing whatever I've spent time making myself! The fabric I already had on hand, and the pattern is one from a yard sale I bought two years ago when she was still a baby. Thanks for looking!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Handmade Bonnet
Hello, all! I know it's been QUITE A WHILE since I've posted any crafts. I've been too busy to really sit and make any! But recently we had a celebration of Pioneer Day (http://lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/we-all-share-pioneer-legacy?lang=eng) at our church, and in the spirit of making it fun and accurate, I decided to make some bonnets for my girls to wear to the activity. I don't have any pictures of Carly's, but here is what I made for Jayna. I only had a toddler sized pattern to fit her head, so it looks small, but she "broke it in" so to speak and by the end of the evening it fit her head perfectly, keeping the sunshine out of her eyes. She actually loved wearing it, to my surprise; she usually doesn't like wearing whatever I've spent time making myself! The fabric I already had on hand, and the pattern is one from a yard sale I bought two years ago when she was still a baby. Thanks for looking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is super cute...I love the pleating on the top. I see if you can make one of these for my nieces - my SIL is a HUGE little house on the prairie fan and has been looking for a little bonnet.
Post a Comment