I decided to make some teacher hall pass boards for the teachers this year as a final gift...just as I did for Mr. Betz last year. But the fun this year was personalizing it to the teachers who will be receiving them. Adam's teacher loves monkeys and has decorated her room in monkeys since Carly had her for Kindergarten a few years ago. So I found some awesome embellishments and ribbons and went with it! I love the way it turned out. For Carly's teacher, I had to ask Carly for help. I haven't been as involved in her classroom, not for lack of trying, but her teacher is very organized and doesn't request much help. Carly said Mrs. Bitler loves dolphins and the ocean...which is evident in her classroom with shells hanging around and pictures of the beach. So that was my theme for her board. I wanted to put the title "Life's a beach" or "got beach?" on hers but I thought it would sound funny to 3rd graders and thus maybe wasn't a good idea? So I kept it simple. It looks fine. I have to say my fave of the two is the monkey board. This style board will be for sale in my Etsy shop in the near future. Thanks!
Friday, June 3, 2011
End-of-Year Teacher Gifts
I decided to make some teacher hall pass boards for the teachers this year as a final gift...just as I did for Mr. Betz last year. But the fun this year was personalizing it to the teachers who will be receiving them. Adam's teacher loves monkeys and has decorated her room in monkeys since Carly had her for Kindergarten a few years ago. So I found some awesome embellishments and ribbons and went with it! I love the way it turned out. For Carly's teacher, I had to ask Carly for help. I haven't been as involved in her classroom, not for lack of trying, but her teacher is very organized and doesn't request much help. Carly said Mrs. Bitler loves dolphins and the ocean...which is evident in her classroom with shells hanging around and pictures of the beach. So that was my theme for her board. I wanted to put the title "Life's a beach" or "got beach?" on hers but I thought it would sound funny to 3rd graders and thus maybe wasn't a good idea? So I kept it simple. It looks fine. I have to say my fave of the two is the monkey board. This style board will be for sale in my Etsy shop in the near future. Thanks!
Labels:
board,
Etsy,
gift ideas,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Tonya, these are amazing!
Post a Comment