Hi, everyone! I found a little time today to complete a wreath challenge at UCreate following this tutorial found at StoneGable: http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorial-spring-wreath.html. It was the challenge issued by Kari at UCreate for her "Create With Me" series for March 2011. I really loved the Cherry Blossom wreath that was the sample, but I wanted to try to create a little different look with mine. And this is the first wreath I can ever remember creating with flower stems. (I typically like to use paper cut-outs for holiday-style wreaths.) Anyway, I went to Hobby Lobby this morning and found quite a few purple flower stems that I like, and they were all on sale. I already had the top wreath, and the bird (that can be removed and is not glued to the wreath) came from the Dollar Store. I had fun with this, but I think I would have liked to have more of the smaller stems to make it look fuller next time. Thanks for the challenge and I enjoyed participating, Kari!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Wreath Tutorial
Hi, everyone! I found a little time today to complete a wreath challenge at UCreate following this tutorial found at StoneGable: http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorial-spring-wreath.html. It was the challenge issued by Kari at UCreate for her "Create With Me" series for March 2011. I really loved the Cherry Blossom wreath that was the sample, but I wanted to try to create a little different look with mine. And this is the first wreath I can ever remember creating with flower stems. (I typically like to use paper cut-outs for holiday-style wreaths.) Anyway, I went to Hobby Lobby this morning and found quite a few purple flower stems that I like, and they were all on sale. I already had the top wreath, and the bird (that can be removed and is not glued to the wreath) came from the Dollar Store. I had fun with this, but I think I would have liked to have more of the smaller stems to make it look fuller next time. Thanks for the challenge and I enjoyed participating, Kari!
Labels:
home decor,
Spring,
wreath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE IT! How Springy is that?! My daughter would have that little bird ripped off in 0.2 seconds and I know your household is like mine... Good luck, little birdy!
So very pretty Tonya!! It is perfect for spring.
Post a Comment