Yesterday, my girls wore their new outfits. Carly had received a gift card to Justice from her Mama Helen and decided to get all blinged out for New Year's Eve! She loves dressing up; being fashionable and in-style; and even designs her own stuff! She is so pretty -- and I let her go with it because she thinks it's so fun to dress it up from time-to-time! Though we've discussed that outer beauty is not the only beauty we should try to attain.
Jayna's outfit was handmade by me following this tutorial: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59638540/bubble-skirt-pattern-pdf-reversible?ref=em and it was super easy to do. The large patterned fabric came from Hobby Lobby and the reverse side was from JoAnn's. Then I took leftover fabric and made her this bib necklace that seems to be so popular lately. She actually wore it around most of the day and didn't try to take it off, although at first she balked at wearing it. I am pretty sure I am going to sew her a bubble skirt in every size as she grows until my pattern runs out at 5T. You can make it as dressy or casual as you like depending on what fabrics you pick. Thanks for looking! PS - Carly was telling Jayna how to pose! Too funny!
1 comment:
They are so cute!! I just love the skirt you made and the bib necklace.
Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Amy ♥
Post a Comment