Last Christmas (2009), Carly inherited her Grandmother Criser's piano and bench. Carly has taken piano lessons all throughout 2010, but one thing has always bugged me about it -- the bench. Well, let's just say that after 12 grandkids have played around on it, the bench cover has taken a little beating and been naturally worn and distressed! There was a piece of leather and cushion that had been picked away, and everything was wearing a little thin...I'm sure the buttons were soon to come off of it. So, after Brent made some cornices for our windows, I had some leftover fabric and decided it had to be used to cover the piano bench. And now here we are: before and after pictures. And instead of re-covering and stringing buttons back to the cushion, I decided to use some leftover metal bead trim from a previous project I had done years ago. I am happy with the re-do and think it looks (almost) pulled together in the living room now. Thanks for looking! And I'm off to polish the wood on the bench...it looks like it needs it!!!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Updating Our Piano Bench
Last Christmas (2009), Carly inherited her Grandmother Criser's piano and bench. Carly has taken piano lessons all throughout 2010, but one thing has always bugged me about it -- the bench. Well, let's just say that after 12 grandkids have played around on it, the bench cover has taken a little beating and been naturally worn and distressed! There was a piece of leather and cushion that had been picked away, and everything was wearing a little thin...I'm sure the buttons were soon to come off of it. So, after Brent made some cornices for our windows, I had some leftover fabric and decided it had to be used to cover the piano bench. And now here we are: before and after pictures. And instead of re-covering and stringing buttons back to the cushion, I decided to use some leftover metal bead trim from a previous project I had done years ago. I am happy with the re-do and think it looks (almost) pulled together in the living room now. Thanks for looking! And I'm off to polish the wood on the bench...it looks like it needs it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment