Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Perfect Wreath


There was a special gift I received for Christmas. Well, I got a few including snowmen ornaments, some things from my hubby, and my favorite glass icicles (yes, I gave some and got some, too), but there was one that I felt was thoughtful, and also handmade! Which I give handmade so I love to receive handmade! It was the yarn wreath you see above in my new 2011 header. It was made by my friend, Sarah, who was so instrumental in helping me achieve my quilting goal in December. She was supportive, caring, and just there to listen to my gripes. I have a few of those sometimes. ;) And she's always there for me. Anyway, I love this wreath. She said she saw a tutorial on-line. It's made of yarn; burlap roses; and attached to a wooden, distressed circle. The sentiment is this: "As YOU take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness, YOU improve not only the WORLD around YOU, but also the WORLD within YOU." Just perfect! (And to top it off, she added my shop and blog name - The Cozy House Crafter!) Thank you, Sarah!

2 comments:

tomiannie said...

What a sweet gift! I totally love it.

Annie said...

That is awesome! So pretty! I love your new header too!