Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crafting Christmas Gifts - Part One






Giving Christmas gifts to friends is always exciting for me! Gifts to friends can be whatever I want to make them...and there is no pressure. For friends it's the thought that really counts because there really was no expectation in the first place...in my own opinion. So I like giving handmade Christmas gifts that are personal and not overly expensive. This year, Carly was able to get in on the crafting magic. We have been friends with a certain church family over the last five years since we moved here, and they have a daughter close in age to Carly. Though the two girls are two years apart in age, they get along well and we try to remember to include Carly's friend when we go on special trips or outings. Such as to the Littlest Pet Shop part at WalMart; snow tubing at the ski park for Carly's birthday; and we always go trick-or-treating together. So I had several pictures of the two of them together and we decided to use one of these new 7Gypsies drawers with individual frames to make her friend a gift. We just chose coordinating patterned scrapbook paper for the backgrounds. I have a mountain of stickers I have collected over the years for scrapbooking (before I got my Cricut!) and used some of those for the flowers. But then we also used the Cricut to make the 3-D flower. Carly inked the edges and adhered all of the bling to the designs. It was a lot of fun and something we could enjoy doing together. And since Carly's friend has a little sister that has a crush on Adam, I had a few pictures of them as well...so I decided to make her some hanging tags so she wouldn't feel left out. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love it! Is that the little sister with Adam in the princess outfit?? You are so talented, Tonya! Well done!

Tonya said...

Thanks, Annie! Yes, that is Hannah, which is Sydney's little sister. She says that Adam is her "prince." But he won't let her kiss him!