Hi, all! Just an update to let you know I am still crafting away. I've made a couple of birthday boards, and have a couple of orders for more. I love seeing the way each turns out a little differently. I've had to take a break from crocheting...I need to give my hands and eyes a break from those small stitches! My husband tried washing Jayna's ruffle skirt (see previous post) with a full load of clothes on regular agitation, and I about died! I did cry! But he was patient with me and helped me fix it back to normal with removing all of the balls of fuzz afterward. It looks practically new again. (You should almost always hand wash and hang dry or lay flay to dry any hand-crocheted delicate stitched items!)
Anyway, I've had a tutorial for these Hello ruffle clips (http://www.etsy.com/listing/56657865/hello-clippie-pdf-pattern) I bought on Etsy a loooooong while back, and I finally decided to give them a try. They look great in Carly's hair because she has a ton of thick hair so the clips aren't too bulky for her...it's a different story for Jayna, though.
However, I also saw a lady at a church meeting and I commented on how much I loved her pretty hair piece, and she mentioned someone related sold them on Etsy. So I came home from church, the kids were in bed, and I hopped on Etsy to check out Lou and Lee. It's a super duper cute shop...but I couldn't justify spending $18 on a hair clip (http://www.etsy.com/listing/61078433/carnival-felt-hydrangea-clips-with-hand) that I knew I already had all the materials for making on my own. So I sat down one evening and tried piecing it together. I know it's not quite the same, but I am happy with my results and I saved some money! Which we all love to do, right?! And still be fashionable! ;) Jayna wore this clip in her hair today and it looked adorable.
That's it for now, folks! But stay tuned...the holidays are coming!
P.S. - Is it just me, or does it seem the stores forgot about an important holiday?! You know, THANKSGIVING! I saw Halloween stuff, and then out came Christmas stuff...where are the Thanksgiving decor and why does this holiday seem to be skipped over??
No comments:
Post a Comment