Friday, October 29, 2010

Ruffles, Ruffles,...and More Ruffles!




If you haven't met this amazingly talented lady named Anneliese, go now! HERE: http://www.aestheticnest.com/. She paints, sews, crochets, knits, makes party invitations,...and everything she touches turns out beautifully! (I want to be her when I grow up! ha!) ;) Well, recently she featured this beautiful crocheted ruffle skirt for one of her little daughters, and I fell in love at first sight! I immediately left her blog and went to purchase this pattern http://www.etsy.com/listing/53843165/cotton-ruffled-skirt-and-top-2t-to-4t from Sandy's Cape Cod Originals on Etsy.com. Then I started crocheting away! I tweaked the pattern just by changing the hook sizes...the underskirt on mine is a "G" but the ruffles are in "I" because the "H" ruffles didn't seem to want to lay as flatly down the skirt. I used the same Lily Sugar n Cream 100% cotton as Anneliese because I loved the warm brown color and Jayna already had a sweater that nothing dressy matched yet. So I solved that problem, and this was the best money on yarn I've spent, as well as the best time I've spent on an item for Jayna. My husband was impressed and adored the skirt as well...which is saying a lot! Since Sandy does allow for the crocheted skirt to be sold following her pattern (I can't give, sell, or pass on the pattern, though) I might just add these sweet skirts to my Etsy shop this winter. What do you all think?

4 comments:

Anneliese said...

So, so darling! It turned out fabulously. Thanks so much for the nice shout out!

tomiannie said...

Wow! That is really super adorable - great job!

sandy's cape cod originals said...

thanks for the bloggy love! LOL...she is adorable

Annie said...

ADORABLE!!