Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stenciling with the Cricut



I recently discovered how to stencil with my Cricut, via Tomi Ann here: http://tomiannie.blogspot.com/2010/08/porch-rocker-pillows.html, and I knew I had to try it when I remembered the bag that Jayna has inherited from Carly. It was something Carly received from a Sunday School teacher, and it was an especially nice gift at the time it was presented. Her teacher had put her name on it and a personality trait she thought described Carly. So on the front of it was "Carly - Lovely" in little white letters. Well the letters began falling off soon after she received so I did a quick job stitching them on and left it at that. She used it a couple of years to haul her things to church until I made her this one: http://thecozyhousecrafter.blogspot.com/2010/05/so-i-didtwo-of-them.html. The old pink bag needed some cleaning up and altering. So I took the opportunity to make it something Jayna could use for her book bag. I followed the tutorial that Tomi Ann did in her post about her porch rocker pillows. I used my Cricut and Gypsy to make the designs, used the freezer paper, and I used non-toxic acrylic paint instead of fabric paint, and I am pretty sure it's going to be fine. I really like it and I think Jayna will, too. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Annie said...

wow! you are such an awesome crafter!!