Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Striped Afghan



I made this striped afghan as a wedding gift for a church friend's daughter. I have yet to give it to her (I think she gets married this week!). I can't decide if I like it or not, but I wanted to try something different instead of my solid color with fringe that I normally give as a wedding present. This time I chose a chocolate brown and cream, and alternated stripes in different sizes. My husband likes it, but he's a guy. ;) (I love you, honey.) I have been crocheting a ton lately, and nothing seems to be coming out just right. I've made a dress for Jayna -- too big; I've made a sweater jacket for Jayna -- the neck seems small and she doesn't like wearing it!; and I've also sewn her a reversible top with matching headband and the elastic inside turned out wrong. So a lot of craft fails lately, but I'll probably post them anyway. Maybe you all can do better than I have with the tutorials and/or patterns! Thanks for looking.

No comments: