This year for Super Saturday crafts at our church, we did the following:
1. Book of Mormon covers - We took the cheaper Book of Mormon that missionaries hand out and recovered them with patterned scrapbook paper. You can find a tutorial here: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2009/11/creative-guest-craftaholics-anonymous.html. If anyone wants a free copy of the Book of Mormon, please let me know! :)
2. We made Recipe board holders for those pesky little index cards that seem to either get lost or dirty during our cooking. I don't have a tutorial for this one. Sorry!
3. We also worked on "Families are Forever" blocks. These were very easy. The letters were cut using the Opposites Attract cartridge on a Cricut. Then we sanded, painted the blocks, and then glued the letters on. I finished mine with a layer of Mod Podge to complete the look. Some people chose other colors, but I liked the neutral look of shades of brown and cream together.
4. Lastly, we made cute little post-it note holders. If you are like me, you are always looking for a pen/cil and paper when out of the house for a quick note. I have given a few away but this one will be kept in my purse. Here is a link to that tutorial: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/postitholder/.
Happy crafting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment