At Ucreate this month, Kari issued the challenge for us to create table runners with her. The link is found here: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/08/august-create-with-me.html and the tutorial can be found here: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html. I was so ready for this challenge that three days after she issued it, I had my runner done! I love decorating for Fall, and with the season up and coming, I wanted to do a runner in shades of Fall colors. I already had a lot of the fabric scraps laying around, and the rest I picked up at JoAnn's in 1/8 yard cuts. It was just enough! I really enjoyed sewing this and "quilting" it! It wasn't too terribly hard, but I did have to watch a few tutorials on YouTube on how to do the corners and to find out what a "blind stitch" is. It is reversible, and the brown butterflies are on the backside. So here it is! Pumpkins, Fall, leaves, Halloween, etc. - here I come!!!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Ucreate with Me! August Challenge
At Ucreate this month, Kari issued the challenge for us to create table runners with her. The link is found here: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/08/august-create-with-me.html and the tutorial can be found here: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html. I was so ready for this challenge that three days after she issued it, I had my runner done! I love decorating for Fall, and with the season up and coming, I wanted to do a runner in shades of Fall colors. I already had a lot of the fabric scraps laying around, and the rest I picked up at JoAnn's in 1/8 yard cuts. It was just enough! I really enjoyed sewing this and "quilting" it! It wasn't too terribly hard, but I did have to watch a few tutorials on YouTube on how to do the corners and to find out what a "blind stitch" is. It is reversible, and the brown butterflies are on the backside. So here it is! Pumpkins, Fall, leaves, Halloween, etc. - here I come!!!
Labels:
crafts,
Fall,
home decor,
sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, it looks fantastic! Way to go!
I love this! Great job!!
That looks great! Love your colors, and those pumpkins are wonderful too.
Post a Comment