Wednesday, June 23, 2010

UCreate June Project






At UCreate (listed at right on the awesome bloggers and crafters list that I follow), Kari has started a monthly project challenge. You can find it here: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/06/june-create-with-me-project.html. For June, we are making altered camera straps with a ruffle. Well, following Char's instructions for both her patchwork and ruffle straps, I made this one! The only thing I did differently was I changed the bottom black canvas straps also...to a ruffled ribbon I got made by Paper Studio in the Hobby Lobby scrapbooking section. I love how this strap feels around my neck! I really wish I had done it sooner because last week on vacation when I was taking lots of pictures my Sony strap kept scratching my neck and irritating me. This was a project well worth spending time making and I am so happy these ladies are willing to share ideas. THANK YOU! Now, I am looking forward to our July challenge....

4 comments:

tomiannie said...

Totally cute! I am trying really hard to find some time to make this before we leave on our trip on Sunday. How long did yours take? (I'll take your time and double it for me because I'm such a dang slow sewer...) Thanks for inspiring me to fit it in!

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Darling! Thanks for playing along!

DeeDee said...

I love your strap...turned out so pretty...I was on pins and needles waiting to see evrryones

deedee
http://deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

It turned out so good. I've been wanting to make one for awhile and wish I had sooner too. So glad for this craft along! So much more comfortable and cute!