Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Diaper Cakes for Boys - Duck and Frog






I made the tea towel cake for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day and she loved it so much she wanted me to do something similar for some co-workers who are due to have babies this Summer. (My MIL is a teacher.) She told me they are both having boys and left the rest up to me. I decided to do these diaper cakes - duck and frog. It was harder to find baby items with ducks and frogs on them than I thought it was going to be. But I made due and each cake is made up of about 50 size 1 Huggies diapers; nail trimmers; Johnson's baby wash; a spoon and fork; Desitin diaper cream; receiving blankets; medicine dropper and bulb; a toy chime with wrist strap; and a crocheted bib which I have previously posted about. The cakes weren't quite decorative enough on their own (besides the cute bib if I can say so myself!), so I pulled out my Cricut and used it to cut some ducks and frogs which I hot glued to lollipop sticks and stuck them in around the cake. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

tomiannie said...

Totally cute!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful you did a great job tfs