I have been obsessed with a Dresden plate quilt my mother-in-law has hanging on her wall for the last couple of years. When she moved to her new log cabin, she chose to display this beautiful quilt in the main living area. I wish I had a picture to show you! It's lovely. I believe it was made by someone in her family, but I can't remember exactly who at this time. At Thanksgiving and Christmas (before my little baby was dog bitten on the face), I was researching the Dresden plate quilting on google and Pinterest and made several pins to help me figure out how to do it. I thought it unique on the quilt to see the pointed fan looked, and was interested in learning how hard it would be to make. After Christmas, when I took a month off from Etsy, I decided to order my templates and what-not. Then I set to work. This is the beginning of it. I have yet to applique it to a quilt block. I don't think it's as particularly pretty as the Dresden plates my mother-in-law's quilt, but I was trying to make it special from my grandma's hand picked fabrics from many years ago. And I am also still learning. I will post more pictures later when I finish it. This is as far as I got with taking care of my kiddos and the house before I had to re-open my Etsy shop. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment