So, yeah...my husband is awesome! Let me brag for a post. He really is a good carpenter, among other talents. He is an engineer by day, but he does jump into the jobs I give him on his "honey-do" list at home when he can. He helps me manage my Etsy shop by sawing, routing, etc. my birthday boards. He's taught me how to use tools, too...which he has many. When we were dating and I was 16 years old, he presented me with an awesome cherry chest which I still have to do this day. He really has impeccable craftsmanship. So earlier this year, we were discussing how to better organize the many pairs of shoes that belong to the 6 members of our family. My kids are growing and the wicker basked we've used since my older two were babies just wasn't cutting it anymore. We decided he'd take the challenge to custom build a storage shelf to fit 6 baskets I had found at Target. Well, after planning and shopping, this is what he built! Isn't he amazing?! I love it. He even bought milk paint and waxed it for me as I requested. Next up: built-in bookshelves around our fireplace. I love him! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment