Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Crocheted Coasters

Until now, I had always used a folded paper towel every night to set my drinks on.  But now I have these awesome coasters...handmade, too!  I (again from Pinterest!) found this great link: http://colorncream.blogspot.com/2014/08/flower-coaster-tutorial.html to a pattern and knew immediately I wanted to make them.  The lady was very friendly in the transaction on Etsy.  She has an English version of the pattern.  I personally prefer the look of the coasters without the scalloped edge, but they're cute either way.  In her link, she uses very bright and fun colors.  I don't typically decorate that way, I'm more traditional and mute in color around my house, so I opted for more neutral yarn colors.  I used sugar n cream 100% cotton yarn.  And the awesome thing is I won't be wasting paper towels anymore, and I can just throw these coasters in the wash and they're clean.  It took me maybe 2 hours to do the set I created.  Thanks for looking!

No comments: