Saturday, September 28, 2013

Shelby's Party Decor

Okay, okay, I'm guilty!  Almost all of these ideas are from Pinterest....except for the old book pennant "Happy Birthday, Shelby" banner.  But let's be real...how original is that?!  The unique thing about it is that the ribbon came from my grandmother.  I love inheriting craft supplies from my grandma from time-to-time when I'm back home visiting family. 
The giant "1" is made from coffee filters hot glued to a board I cut in the shape of the "1."  Then I spray painted it to give some color and add festivity to the look of it.
My favorite creation below is the crocheted triangle pennant banner in Fall colors.  I am going to save that and use it for an upcoming craft show and also for future Fall décor and/or home decorating in the girls' room.  :)
The doily table runner I hand-stitched together from doilies I either already had or picked up at JoAnn's.  I love the look of it and felt it added to the homemade Fall theme of the party.  The porcelain pumpkins I purchased years ago when I lived in Bakersfield, CA, at a Hallmark store.




I also made some brown paper bag flowers to hang around the room which I thought turned out super cute and fit with my "Autumn" theme for Shelby's party.  We had caramel apples, grapes, sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, vegetables with dip, hot pepper jelly with cream cheese and crackers, and cupcakes flavored pumpkin spice and caramel apple for dessert. 

No comments: