Monday, October 29, 2012

Granny Square Baby Blanket

I had recently seen on several sites through Facebook and Etsy, crocheters making these one continuous granny square for a baby blanket.  I found them quite lovely and ideal for welcoming a new baby into my home.  Problem was, although I have crocheted many things, I had not tried granny squares.  I knew a friend who could make them and so I contacted her.  She was kind enough to put together this tutorial for me:  http://tidbits365.blogspot.com/2012/08/granny-square-tutorial.html.  Thank you, Mrs. B!

So I found this tutorial very easy-to-follow, and very helpful.  Within two or three days' time, working in the evenings after the kids were in bed, I had made my baby blanket.  :)  I used a variegated yarn to get all of the pretty colors worked into it, so I didn't have to stop and start and tie knots and weave in a bunch of strands to get all of the colors.  I think it turned out very pretty, and it will most likely be used as a photo prop or something like that until she is old enough to carry it and use it when she feels the need.

No comments: