Monday, June 18, 2012
My Husband Is Quite Handy Himself
Over the past three years (we have lived here almost 7), we have really been trying to make this home seem more like "ours." We've done some updates, mostly tile, and all of it with our own hands and time. We catch things on sale or when we have a little extra cash from tax returns, and then we go for it! This year, as my gifts for pretty much everything - meaning birthday, Mother's Day, anniversary, etc. - I got a newly updated tile fireplace. It was tile before, but I prefer darker tones and colors throughout my home, and my husband surprised me with this slate tile. We had been talking about it for quite a while so it was nice to see it happen. And he started it 6 days before I was supposed to host a baby shower at my home...so it came together quickly as well. I just am so glad to have him around and the knowledge and know-how he possesses to do these things that we otherwise could not do on a solid, single income. Thank you, Brent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the new tile!! So pretty. Great job, Brent!!
Post a Comment