Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Peg Dolls for Fun!































Hi! I've been creating...and one interest has been these peg dolls. I originally saw the idea here: http://tomiannie.blogspot.com/2011/08/peg-doll-family.html and have been in love since August 31st...haha! So I tried to pester Tomi Ann to make me a set cause she is so extraordinarily talented at crafts, but she had faith in me to try...so I did. And I have to say, I am happy with the outcome. :) I did use her suggestion and buy the peg dolls from Etsy dealer GooseGrease and bought the unfinished, naked ones to try my hand at this. I used non-toxic acrylic paints, and I have yet to seal them up with mod podge. I wanted pictures first. My lighting is horrible...but I think you get the idea of my "family." Brent always has WVU gear on; his alma mater. I wear my pearls more than anything with lots of muted shades, and I couldn't leave off my glasses since they never leave my face...sometimes I fall asleep with them on! Carly loves anything with a peace sign, and to look very girly. Adam is a Tiger Scout. I wanted to do his whole uniform top, but there were too many details for a tiny peg doll and I just do not have steady enough hands or patience! And Jayna is our little princess. Her crown is slightly brighter than her hair, but it's the best I could do! And her skirt is actually sparkly pink paint, but again, the lighting....so what do you think? I tried my best and I think they look similar to us!

No comments: