So, a few things have been keeping me busy from crafting -- just to mention a few: canning, vacation, and sending the kids back to school and setting our new routine again. But last week I was able to put together this wreath, a slight variation of this on-line tutorial: http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2011/08/v-and-co-how-to-hydrangea-wreath.html. I didn't heed her advice and buy enough hydrangea stems, so I ran short and opted to just try something different. Therefore, see the burlap flowers? I decided I would try my hand at those since my dear friend made a wreath -- with burlap flowers -- for me last Christmas (see the center of my blog header? I love that wreath!). And I think burlap fits well with the look I was going for: Autumn-like and to coordinate with the bathroom I painted two years ago and have never really decorated since I couldn't decide what to do! The burlap flowers were easier to make than cotton or felt rosettes because the burlap is more bulky and quicker to wind up. I like the overall look of it in my bathroom (it's a 1/2 bath in our downstairs -- that's why the wreath is touching wall-to-wall!). The burlap I bought in the scrap bin at Jo Ann's a couple of years ago; the hydrangea stems and other stems I got at Hobby Lobby on sale last week; and the buttons and pearls I had in my stash. (PS - The tile "because nice matters!" was made by the same friend who made my wreath. She's so talented!)
Thursday, September 8, 2011
A New Fall Wreath
So, a few things have been keeping me busy from crafting -- just to mention a few: canning, vacation, and sending the kids back to school and setting our new routine again. But last week I was able to put together this wreath, a slight variation of this on-line tutorial: http://www.vanessachristenson.com/2011/08/v-and-co-how-to-hydrangea-wreath.html. I didn't heed her advice and buy enough hydrangea stems, so I ran short and opted to just try something different. Therefore, see the burlap flowers? I decided I would try my hand at those since my dear friend made a wreath -- with burlap flowers -- for me last Christmas (see the center of my blog header? I love that wreath!). And I think burlap fits well with the look I was going for: Autumn-like and to coordinate with the bathroom I painted two years ago and have never really decorated since I couldn't decide what to do! The burlap flowers were easier to make than cotton or felt rosettes because the burlap is more bulky and quicker to wind up. I like the overall look of it in my bathroom (it's a 1/2 bath in our downstairs -- that's why the wreath is touching wall-to-wall!). The burlap I bought in the scrap bin at Jo Ann's a couple of years ago; the hydrangea stems and other stems I got at Hobby Lobby on sale last week; and the buttons and pearls I had in my stash. (PS - The tile "because nice matters!" was made by the same friend who made my wreath. She's so talented!)
Labels:
altered,
Fall,
home decor,
wreath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it! That is a perfect shade of orange! And I LOVE huge wreaths!!
Post a Comment