After this past summer's garden, and trashing my kitchen, cleaning it up, and doing it all over again week after week with canning, I decided my dishcloths (store-bought) were pretty junked and stained, so it would be nice to have some new ones. I saw this really pretty yarn in Meijer's that looked like orange sherbet mixed with brown, and the "tangerine" orange was there, too, but I already had plain brown at home. I decided to use the three to make some cloths because they reminded me of Fall - bright colors mixed with dying vegetation. I like the way the colors go together, and it is another way for me to welcome Fall in my home. ;) I made some extra sets for my friends who garden as well. I hope they enjoy them!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Autumn Kitchen Cloths
After this past summer's garden, and trashing my kitchen, cleaning it up, and doing it all over again week after week with canning, I decided my dishcloths (store-bought) were pretty junked and stained, so it would be nice to have some new ones. I saw this really pretty yarn in Meijer's that looked like orange sherbet mixed with brown, and the "tangerine" orange was there, too, but I already had plain brown at home. I decided to use the three to make some cloths because they reminded me of Fall - bright colors mixed with dying vegetation. I like the way the colors go together, and it is another way for me to welcome Fall in my home. ;) I made some extra sets for my friends who garden as well. I hope they enjoy them!
Labels:
crochet,
gift ideas,
home decor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are gorgeous! What beautiful yarn! Welcome Fall!
Post a Comment