For some reason this year I am getting super excited about Valentine's Day. I normally leave out some of my snowman decor until it's time to decorate for Easter. And with all the snow recently, it has been fitting to see. However, I have all kinds of ideas running through my head for Valentine's Day decor. Including these two heART pieces! ;)
For the first heART piece, I have been seeing lots of "subway" art for different holidays, and I decided to try my hand at it. I used my Cricut Gypsy and designed some pieces together and then layed them out on an 8x8 canvas. But first I covered the recycled canvas with some patterned scrapbook paper. Anyway, after the canvas was covered, I inked the edges, and then layed out the lettering. Once I had the words and symbols arranged the way I liked, I started applying the vinyl pieces. Once that looked acceptable, I used double-sided tape and applied the ribbon around the edges of the canvas, and then attached a ribbon piece for hanging using a hot glue gun. Easy enough, and pretty cute, too, right?!?! And CHEAP!
For the second heART piece, I had bought this cute heart-shaped plate from a yard sale for super cheap a couple of years or more ago. I hadn't ever decided what to do with it,...until tonight. It's simple, but I used the Cricut again and cut in vinyl the sentiment you see, and voila! Done! I had everything on hand and didn't have to run out in the snow for any piece of these crafts. And now I have some more Valentine's decor which will help fuel the love for the upcoming holiday! ;)
2 comments:
wow! you are so talented! I love that heart plate!
Wow, these are absoutely wonderful!
Post a Comment