My last post was regarding a purse that I really, really had to learn to make. So the very next day I went out and got my supplies...I only needed the purse handles, some lace, and some fusible interfacing (I bought fusible fleece instead of craft fuse per the instructions). I already had the fabric and thread. This fabric was originally intended for an apron. But I've had the fabric for a few months and haven't done anything with it...until now. And I must say that it probably made better handbags than it would have an apron. One purse is for Carly and the other for me. I made hers a little softer in color and with more lace...that's what she wanted me to do when I asked her. (She was so excited that I made us matching bags!) For hers I used two different laces that I found at JoAnn's. The little twisted flower accents I made out of some silky fabric that I was going to use for our purse lining but it didn't mesh well with the fleece fusible interfacing. (So I used the cotton polka dots print instead.) Her little pearlized accent buttons are also from JoAnn's...and the handles, too. For my purse, I wanted a more mature look, so I used the dark brown rose lace I found at Hobby Lobby, along with a more sophisticated-looking lace under and above the roses. All of the lace I used on my purse was bought at Hobby Lobby. Also, my big twisted light purple rose is attached to a pin so I can remove it altogether or just move it around for a different look on my bag.
As for this tutorial, it was just plain awesome! Very clear instructions, easy-to-follow, and I want to thank Christie for taking the time to share it with me...or anyone who wants to look it up at a lemonsqueezyhome.blogspot.com. (I really think she should sell the tutorial in her Etsy shop! She is selling the purses she made in her shop under seller "lemonsqueezyshop" and the purses are beautiful!) And thanks to Disney for featuring her on rufflesandstuff.com, or I might have never found the tutorial. Not only did I create two pretty purses, but I learned how to use the zipper foot on my sewing machine!! And it took me a little longer to create these purses than 45 minutes...but I am still learning to sew and use my machine. Not that great at it, yet. But I took my time and got everything right and the end result shows it.
I am so happy to have matching purses with my oldest daughter for Mother's Day! ;) THANK YOU, LADIES!!
3 comments:
WOW! Those are BEAUTIFUL! Great job. I love them. Way more than my own:). You are so sweet with all your comments. I'll for sure feature yours next Friday!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Gorgeous, Tonya!
These are beautiful!! You crafty momma, you!!
Post a Comment