Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cupcake Celebration
















For Jayna's very first birthday celebration, I decided on cupcakes for the party theme. She is our little cupcake, you know....Anyway, here are some pictures from the decor for the party today. The birthday banner was made with the Cricut Expression and the Doodlecharms, George, and Cuttin Up cartridges. The idea for the cupcake stand was from Lowe's Creative Ideas latest edition. It is basically flower planters primed, painted, turned over, and stacked. You could really adapt this idea for any party with cupcakes...Halloween, Easter, baby showers, etc. I really like the way it turned out. I am not a cake decorator so my cupcakes could have been cuter for someone else's party, but I loved the way they turned out. As for the pin cushion cupcakes, those were donated by friends who received them as a gift from our latest Relief Society Stake Enrichment meeting. Don't I have great friends and talented sisters who surround me?! :) All in all, the day was wonderful and I was pleased with my craftiness for Jayna's first birthday party. Thanks for looking! And leave a comment if you have time! ;)

1 comment:

tomiannie said...

Totally cute! And what a fantastic idea with the planters -- it really looks great!