For this week's challenge at p://useitchallenges.blogspot.com/2009/04/use-it-challenge-no5.html, the requests were to:1. Dig out those OLD scrapbook die-cuts.
Mine is that rectangle looking cut with the ropey border. Am I even describing it right? I don't know where it came from, and I probably would have never used it...until this challenge came along!
2. Here's another OLD challenge.....scrounge around and find a piece of patterned paper
that you've been hanging onto for a minimum of two years.
The patterned paper I used is from the ugliest scrap paper pack at Hobby Lobby. I bought it well over two years ago and I don't know why. I hate most of the paper in that paper pack, but I guess I was looking for something different...which I definitely received. I used the least ugly sheet from the pack...it's the black and white lined paper in the very background. The other paper used is all from my scraps. (Scrapbook Wizard 2005 paper line for black and white paper, scrap black cardstock, and ChatterBox for the blue paper.)
3. Think back to that tool or technique you used to use ALL the time.....bring it back to life.
The technique I brought back to life (not really) is inking. I ink most of the time even now (I've been doing it for several years), but what I don't use is black ink. I almost always use brown ink to give definition to my work. I went back to my old ways here and used black instead.
4. Have you bought something recently that was on clearance?
Let's incorporate that into this challenge too.
My recent purchase used here is from the $1 card stand at JoAnn's...I bought the chipboard arrow in a pack of chipboard diecuts,...and also the black tag is from a pack at the JoAnn's clearance bin. The company is Colorbok. I didn't spell that wrong, either. ;)
Thanks for the challenge, Lori! It was fun!
7 comments:
what an awesome take on the challenge tonya!!! i also l♥ve your description of what items you used (i'm with you on the Hobby Lobby paper packs, i used to buy those all the time, and never was happy in the end!). Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!
hugs!!
~rae
Tonya love your Dad card! I will be back to visit. :-)
It turned out great! I love these challenges because we do use our stuff we may not like too much!
Masculine cards are so difficult for me to do, yours is proof that it can be done so nicely. Thanks for sharing.
Great card! You did a fab job making all your old stuff look new!
Great card! I ink often as well but like you I use browns or the Ranger greenish colour called peeled paint.
Great job! I think you did a really great job on the challenge.
Post a Comment