Monday, March 23, 2009

Laura's Sketch 22 and Use It #3




Following the sketch at this week at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/2009/03/lauras-sketch-22.html, and combined with the challenge at http://useitchallenges.blogspot.com/, I styled this card using the said supplies: American Crafts patterned papers (bought almost two years ago to make a "star book" which obviously I never did); brown eyelets (given to me by my SIL); a polka-dotted chipboard elephant (recently purchased at a scrap store nearby); brown ribbon from Hobby Lobby in the scrapbook section; Fiskars punch "Threading Water"; a paper arrow cut from the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge (I've had this cart for a while and use it very little); and the "baby" chipboard wordplate (I guess that's what you'd call it!) from My Mind's Eye 2006 (also over 1 year stash item and also given to me by my SIL who is starting her own scrap store). I had fun with both the sketch and the challenge, and I am pleased with how the card turned out. Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What a FABulous card Tonya... ♥ it!! Way to use that stash, girl ;)
Thanks for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
~rae

Suzanne :O ) said...

adorable card, I love that little elephant! :D

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! It looks so fresh I would never have guessed how old some of the product was!

~dawne said...

What a cute card...not only a great take on the sketch, but a great way to use up older product.

danni reid. said...

you made it ALL look current, this is absolutely ADORABLE, looove this!

MelissaS said...

I just love that chipboard elephant! Too cute. Fabulous colors for a baby card, too :)

Fi said...

Very cute card - I love the non-traditional colour scheme.

Laura Davis said...

Tonya this is so cute!! I love anything with elephants!
Thanks for playing!
Laura

Savitri said...

What a super cute card!!!! Love it, esp. the elephant!

Tamaroo said...

Wow! Way to go to get both challenges in one card!

Basement Stamper said...

What a great card, I love that little elephant is darling!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card !!! It's so cute !!!

Becca said...

Such a cute card! Love the little elephant!

Unknown said...

What a very pretty card!! Love the adorable elephant!!

Regan said...

these are fantastic!

Patti said...

Your card is outstanding! I love the color choices and your little elephant ! : ) Patti