Monday, December 1, 2014

Gingerbread House

Last year one of my friends (knowing I am so interested in crafts and project that hobby onto my children!) gifted me with this awesome blank ceramic gingerbread house.  The kids and I had to miss church yesterday because of the baby having pink eye and my husband being sick, so after our church lesson at home, we sat down together to paint this.  It turned out really great!  Each of my three older kids took a side of the house, and I took the front.  We are not expert painters!  But this was a fun thing to do together and I am glad we made the memories.  We used acrylic paints I already had on hand.  Then I used some clear glue and sprinkled the clear crystal glitter onto the snowy parts of the roof.  It came with a little tea light you place inside that changes colors.  It is a way cool gift!  Thanks, Tia!!