Since I started selling my birthday reminder boards on Etsy, copycat sellers have popped up, which was expected. I don't mind too much, unless they look exactly like my style and then I get a little perturbed. It's so dang expensive to get a design patent and I'm trying to make money, not spend it! Anyway, occasionally I get a customer who wants my work to look like another seller's work on Etsy. This is slightly offensive and I try to coax them to the other shop if that is what they are looking for. I like my particular style board. I can't help it! :) It's my creation. Well, recently, I did agree to color code the tags (which other sellers typically offer and I do not -- it's just so hard to match exactly what colors they want when I am guessing at what they want without pictures or getting shades of colors just right in pictures transmitted over the internet). Anyway, I agreed to at least bend on the colors for the tags some, and I am glad I did. I am actually thinking when I FINALLY make my own board that I will do mine similar. (No, I don't have my own yet, and I've been making these for years now! And I've been so busy working on these for others I've been missing birthdays in my families.) So for this board, each color represents a different branch of the family tree. It really was a good idea for such a large family. Thank you, customer! :) Anyway, what do you think? Pretty, eh?!
No comments:
Post a Comment