Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Bauble Wreath

I've not had a lot of extra time on my hands for crafts with kids being sick, hubby recovering from hip replacement surgery, and the kids home on Christmas break, but I did find time to make this simple wreath for my door.  I got the idea at a homemaking meeting at church in December.  Basically, you take a wire hanger, bend it into a circle, then string on dollar store ball ornaments around the wire.  The whole thing cost me less than $10, and that includes the ribbon, which also came from the dollar store.  It was really easy and  didn't take too much time, except I did have to take some off and re-string them so I didn't have a clump of ornaments all the same.  I wanted it varied.  My friends made red and green ones, red and gold ones, and so on.  I like the gold and silver, and even though I've already put away Christmas at our house, I did leave this wreath on the door as it doesn't scream Christmas altogether. Some of the ornaments have glittered snowflakes printed on them so it's wintry to me!  I think the lady I got the idea from had found a tutorial on Pinterest.  I just realized as I uploaded this picture that it's not a very good picture and it's much better in person on the door.  But...thanks for looking!  PS - My Etsy store is back open on-line now that things have settled back to somewhat normal!

No comments: