Monday, January 2, 2012

Snowflake Garland







No lie...there's not too much Santa decor at our house for Christmas. I love snowmen, snowballs, snowflakes, and the like instead. 1. Because I just really love snow, cold weather, the memories associated with snowmen, and so on...and 2. Because I don't feel the need to immediately put everything away after Christmas or New Year's Day. I can leave it out a little while longer for the wintry months to enjoy. Which is a huge advantage to me as busy as we get with traveling and such through the holidays. And I have fallen in love with a crochet pattern...like, true love. haha! Well, not really, but I really have enjoyed the variety of usage for this pattern here: http://www.aestheticnest.com/2011/11/crochet-shimmer-snowflake-gift-topper.html. And just like Anneliese, I have made gift toppers, shirt appliques, and a garland for my fireplace with it. I am so glad she was willing to share! I also used the same yarns she suggested for a variety of looks -- the shimmer yarn; regular white; and the hardware store cotton cord. I plan to do more with this pattern in the future...but this is all I had time with for this holiday. Thanks for looking!

No comments: