For September's challenge over at Create with Me, and in honor of National Sewing Month, we were asked to use our sewing machines and make a handbag based on this tutorial http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2011/09/tohoku-tote.html. I chose version two because I like the cleaner lines, the pleat, and the smaller bow. I did use a stabilizer in the form of fusible interfacing on my purse. I chose the fabrics from JoAnn's. I really enjoyed making this project, have a cute new tote to show for it, and I've already bought and cut pattern pieces to make each of my kiddos a Halloween treat bag from this same pattern (I'll leave the bow off, though)!!! Stay tuned to see what those look like when I'm finished with them.
Friday, September 30, 2011
Create with Me September Challenge
For September's challenge over at Create with Me, and in honor of National Sewing Month, we were asked to use our sewing machines and make a handbag based on this tutorial http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2011/09/tohoku-tote.html. I chose version two because I like the cleaner lines, the pleat, and the smaller bow. I did use a stabilizer in the form of fusible interfacing on my purse. I chose the fabrics from JoAnn's. I really enjoyed making this project, have a cute new tote to show for it, and I've already bought and cut pattern pieces to make each of my kiddos a Halloween treat bag from this same pattern (I'll leave the bow off, though)!!! Stay tuned to see what those look like when I'm finished with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was wondering were you got the 2X2 chipboard squares for the matching game you made. Also how do you get paper and pictures to be 2X2? please email me morganbarton00@gmail.com
thank you!
Post a Comment