Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cute Valentine's Day Treat for Kids


So I saw this awesome idea here: http://www.lilluna.com/2011/02/food-fun-friday-sweeeet-vday.html (which is much, much cuter than what I came up with) and I adapted it to my own idea of what I wanted to give to the Primary kids at my church. Instead of going to the Dollar Store for the candy, I went to the trusty, old Wal-Mart and found strawberry marshmallows and cherry sugared slices (or gum drop slice candy or something in that form) and then skewered them in a certain order with plain white marshmallows. Of course I cut the sharp tip off the skewer end so hopefully no one will end up with an injury! And I waited until their parents picked them before I handed it out. hehehe I then rolled each skewer up in some plastic cling wrap and tied it off with Valentine's Day holiday ribbons. The whole project cost me about $10. I will probably do these in the future, too, maybe in a different variety. You could also use this idea for birthday parties or other holidays, too. Thanks for sharing, Kristyn @ Lil Luna!!!

No comments: