
Pulling an Oprah, I decided to gift some of my favorite people with my favorite thing for the Christmas tree. (Do you watch Oprah and know what I'm talking about?) With limited time due to the "Crafting Christmas - Part Four" that I'll post next week, I didn't have a lot of time to really make something wonderful for my three good friends. But they mean so much to me...they give me insight, friendship, service, kindness, and support on many different levels. So I wanted to give them something I feel is special to me. Well, when we moved to Ohio five years ago, it was still early in my marriage and consequently Brent and I were still collecting things here and there for our Christmas tree ornaments. I decorate in turquoise blue (one of my top favorite colors); white; pearls; snowballs; snowmen; white lights; silver bells; etc. When we to the mall that first winter here, we discovered an old man who would create glass pieces to sell at Christmas time. I loved watching him, and found out that he made icicles. Real glass icicles. They are absolutely beautiful!!! They are hard to capture the beauty of on camera, but they are really stunning on the tree in person. So I bought my first dozen that winter. That's all I could get at the time. And every winter since, I have bought another dozen to add to my tree. So this year, with five dozen, I have finally filled up the tree from top to bottom (on the front side) with my other "snowy cold" ornaments. (The funny thing is that even when we lived in California, I decorated with snowmen for the tree and winter months...even though I never wore a coat at all. It wasn't ever really that cold there...not compared to here in Ohio or WV. I definitely missed that about the East Coast when we were on the West Coast.) ANYWAY, back to my gift, I felt like it's something really special to me, so I decided to take some old cigar boxes bought on E-bay a couple of years ago, alter the boxes, and fill them with a dozen icicles each for my sweet friends. I hope they enjoy them. I think the boxes turned out lovely, but I think they will like the shiny icicles on their tree at night the most -- I hope! Thanks for looking!
1 comment:
What a very sweet idea and great story to go with it. I think you captured them perfectly with that top picture. Thanks for sharing your "favorite things", Oprah! :)
Post a Comment