Monday, December 28, 2009

Just for ME!





I craft so much and rarely keep anything for myself. In fact, when I bought this yarn, I had it in mind as a scarf for someone else. But I happened to remove the paper tag and on the backside was a pattern for a crocheted pillow cover. I thought the yarn was so soft and would make a great pillow. I wasn't really sure what I'd do with the pillow when it was finished, but I wanted to try the new pattern. It's kind of my way of keeping my brain active...learning new crochet patterns and techniques (or just crafting in general). Might be lame for some, but it works for me. So I started this over two weeks ago and then Christmas was here and I was working on a bunch of gifts for others...and this was put to the side. (My husband was just teasing last night about how my beautiful dining table is covered in unfinished projects right now! -- BUT I NEED MORE TIME in a day,...so until then....) I finished this pillow during Jayna's nap today, and I have to keep it JUST FOR ME! It is so soft and pretty and fits well with the look of my front living room. And it's something I can say I made and I can keep it in my own house. ;) Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

tomiannie said...

It turned out great, Tonya! You are inspiring to get out my crochet needle and learn something new!

Tonya said...

Thanks, Tomi Ann! I didn't know you crocheted...anyway, this is much prettier in person! I am so glad I kept going instead of giving up! hehe ;) Thanks again.