Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Homemade "Boutique" Dress






















So recently (actually months ago!) I fell in love with the knot dress for little girls. I found a great website, http://www.sandihendersondesign.com/, with a beautiful pattern and easy-to-follow directions for a petal knot dress. I put off making this for such a long time because I wanted it to be closer to Jayna's first birthday so she could wear it for the party. I finally picked out the fabric, and sat down last week to sew, and here it is! I think it turned out alright for my first time sewing a dress on my own. I don't have much knowledge on sewing at all. Straight lines work best for me. I did hand-stitch the flower onto the apron of it. This dress took me a couple of nights after the kids were in bed. It has a few imperfections, but I am happy with it. If you are interested in seeing more, also try: http://www.portabellopixie.typepad.com/. Thanks for checking out this blog post!

1 comment:

tomiannie said...

Oh my gosh, this is SUPER cute! I love it, and Jayna looks totally adorable. I can't believe how big she is!