
I love this site http://useitchallenges.blogspot.com/!!! You have to check it out if you have not already. This person who started it all is Rae, and she is an awesome cardmaker. She inspires me to the max! Here is her site: http://simplyrae.blogspot.com/. I am a major shopper when it comes to scrapping and making cards...and this site is helping me clear out some of that stash with some great ideas from everyone involved with it. This week Suzanne issued our challenge to use a monochromatic color scheme; some rub-ons or clear stickers; chipboard; and non-traditional ribbon. Her blog is here: http://cardgarden.blogspot.com/.
For my color scheme, I used Wild Asparagus frames coordinated with some My Mind's Eye paper. The Merry Christmas is a rub-on by Marcella K. (Thanks to my SIL, Jessica!) The trees are made from chipboard which I cut using my Cricut Expression and Doodlecharms cartridge. I covered them with coordinating paper and inked with white. And my non-traditional ribbon is the raffia as the tree trunks. I really like the way it turned out and now I have one card down for Christmas....Thanks for looking!
5 comments:
Tonya!! this card is absolutely darling, and I l♥ve the monochromatic colors you used for a Christmas card, such an awesome idea!!! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge, and for your kind words ;)
hugs & ♥♥♥~
rae
This is darling! I love the trio of pink trees!
Love your card...the pinks are great and make a pretty Christmas card.
Cute card! Love the little bits of green mixed in w/ the pink! That's so good of you to start your Christmas cards early- I always mean to, but never do! :P
I love this! Those trees are darling. Love the pink for Christmas. You are inspiring me to start my Christmas cards! Thanks!
Post a Comment